It has been a few days since my last jewelry post. I am currently prepping for an event to be held early February 2017. I will post the flier and other details in the days to come.
I have done a few showings of my work and as much as I enjoy designing and putting together creations, preparing for an event can feel quite daunting at times.
There is so much emphasis on booth display, right ambiance and other tips which are meant to drive customers in your direction.
For this event, one which I have never done, I am feeling that pressure again. The organizers were clear that a tent would be an asset as the start time is midday. In Barbados, the midday sun can feel like suddenly the equator has descended from on high.
I have given alot of thought to the color scheme I want to use, the redesigning of business cards and logo, displays and props and the pieces I want to display.
I know!! It is so much to consider!
I found a few resources which I would like to share for those who might also struggle with pre-show jitters as I do.
- Craft Professional – This resource is fantastic!! If you want to learn about the best kinds of tents for events, displays and craft development ideas then this site is for you.
- Thrifty Little Mom – An extremely inspiring resource, this site shares useful tips and even a printable checklist.
- Creative Income – If you are like me, you will want to execute things just once. Follow the link to learn how to avoid mistakes at the craft fair.
- Made Urban – This is one of my favourite reads. Display tricks to help you out.
- Made Urban – Specific to Jewelry display.
What are your thoughts on prepping for a craft show or similar events? What tips can you share?