The Cheat Sheet blog posts will be a new feature on UYJ. Each post will feature a new stone and brief description. If there are pieces in my portfolio which include these stones, they will be featured as well.
Let’s learn together!
By far, Amazonite is my favourite stone. I love the colour! Anything with lovely hues of turquoise will definitely catch my eye.
- It is said that Amazonite is named after the Amazon River. I cannot confirm that traces of Amazonite where found there. Sources are mixed regarding this point.
- Amazon stone is another name.
- Amazonite is greenish-blue in colour. Sometimes has white, yellow, brown or grey portions.
- Said to be calming and encourages confidence.
- Is found worldwide. However, large deposits are said to exist in Colorado, USA; Myanmar, India and Madagascar.
Below are example of pieces by Uniquely Yours Jewelry using Amazonite stones.
Shop for Amazonite:
Fire Mountain Gems
Disclaimer – This post reflects the information gleaned from reading. Therefore the views expressed by individual websites are solely their assertions. I do not ascribe to nor have I tested nor can verify the properties of these stones. —Tasha