“Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” —Rachel Zoe
These dazzling designs make a standout addition to your collection of earrings. The list of components include: –
- Gemstones – Amazonite, Amethyst, Prehnite
- Fresh water pearls
- Non-tarnish jewelry wire
- Sterling silver and stainless ear wires
- Matte gold-plated metal
The Cheat Sheet blog posts will be a new feature on UYJ. Each post will feature a new stone and brief description. If there are pieces in my portfolio which include these stones, they will be featured as well.
Let’s learn together!
By far, Amazonite is my favourite stone. I love the colour! Anything with lovely hues of turquoise will definitely catch my eye.
- It is said that Amazonite is named after the Amazon River. I cannot confirm that traces of Amazonite where found there. Sources are mixed regarding this point.
- Amazon stone is another name.
- Amazonite is greenish-blue in colour. Sometimes has white, yellow, brown or grey portions.
- Said to be calming and encourages confidence.
- Is found worldwide. However, large deposits are said to exist in Colorado, USA; Myanmar, India and Madagascar.
Below are example of pieces by Uniquely Yours Jewelry using Amazonite stones.
Shop for Amazonite:
Fire Mountain Gems
Disclaimer – This post reflects the information gleaned from reading. Therefore the views expressed by individual websites are solely their assertions. I do not ascribe to nor have I tested nor can verify the properties of these stones. —Tasha
Just a quick note to say that I had submitted a short post to the online magazine ‘Jewelry Making Journal’, and featured one of my memory wire bracelets. I decided to enter the first Amazonite bracelet on memory wire which I did some weeks ago.
That submission was chosen and posted today. The link is shared below !
Jewel Making Journal e-mag article
Have a look and leave your comments!
Have a great day!
the Amazonite chips! So long!!
This memory wire bracelet wraps three times and fits comfortably on a 6″-7″ wrist.
Some of the pieces in this collection are still available. It is a small collection as I tend to keep just a few pieces in stock. The photos below give a snapshot of the color scheme and bead texture.
Amazonite chips on memory wire.
The tones of this Amazonite bracelet bring to mind images of the beach… Continue reading